The Khronos WebCL Working Group chair, Tasneem Brutch of Samsung Electronics gave the following presentation on “Enabling OpenCL Acceleration of
Web Applications” at LinuxCon in New Orleans on 17th September. The presentation provides a detailed look at the status of WebCL and the roadmap going forward. It includes a Big Data Visualisation use case example from the UC Berkeley Parallel Computing Lab and includes details on the efforts being made to address the security … concerns of enabling Web Computing Languages within the browser.
WebCL 1.0 Status
- Working Draft released since Apr. 2012.
- Working Draft Publicly available at www.khronos.org/webcl
- WebCL1.0 specification release expected: 1H, 2014
- Non-Khronos members can engage via: email@example.com
Topics Covered In the Slides Include:
- WebCL tutorial, demos and coding examples
- WebCL use case: Big Data Visualization (presentation and demo)
- WebCL open API standardization: Status and roadmap
- Security requirements and provisions & WebCL Kernel Validator
- OpenCL to WebCL translator utility