This new book, to be published in November 2013 claims to offer compact coverage of all the major topics of OpenCL programming. It explains optimization techniques and strategies in-depth, using illustrative examples and also provides case studies from diverse fields. Beginners and advanced application developers should find this book very useful. The book is currently available for pre-orderfrom the publishers store (see below), but as of the time of writing was not yet listed on Amazon. The ISBN numbers are given below for you to put on your wish list.
From the publishers blub…
Beginning with the discussion of the OpenCL models, this book explores the architectural view, programming interfaces and primitives. It slowly demystifies the process of identifying the data and task parallelism in diverse algorithms.
It presents examples from different domains to show how the problems within different domains can be solved more efficiently using OpenCL. You will learn about parallel sorting, histogram generation, JPEG compression, linear and parabolic regression and k-nearest neighborhood, a clustering algorithm in pattern recognition. Following on from this, optimization strategies are explained with matrix multiplication examples. You will also learn how to do an interoperation of OpenGL and OpenCL.
“OpenCL Programming by Example” explains OpenCL in the simplest possible language, which beginners will find it easy to understand. Developers and programmers from different domains who want to achieve acceleration for their applications will find this book very useful.
- Understand OpenCL Platform Model, Execution Model, Memory Model, and Programming Model
- Explore the different OpenCL objects, APIs for building kernel, memory allocation, data transfer, synchronization, and many more
- Get to grips with API explanations, featuring simple examples
- Create image processing examples such as Image histogram and Image convolution
- Learn optimization techniques with Matrix Multiplication examples
- Develop Bitonic sort in OpenCL
- Build JPEG decoder using OpenCL
- Construct linear and parabolic regression equation in OpenCL
- Compose k-nearest neighborhood clustering algorithm from pattern recognition
- Use OpenCL with OpenGL interoperability
For more details visit: http://www.packtpub.com/opencl-programming-by-example/book