Full Programme Now Published
LEAP 2013 provides a unique opportunity to learn about and share the latest advances in the use of high-performance parallel computing technology on low-power multi-core CPU, GPU and FPGA processors. A world-class programme of keynotes and speakers will provide developers, researchers, engineers and technology managers the vital knowledge they need to understand, assess and exploit the benefits of this rapidly emerging technology across a broad range of applications on mobile and embedded platforms.
Day One – Conference Programme Summary
Keynotes from ARM and Khronos set the stage for a packed day of world-class presentations, discussion and knowledge transfer from experts working in the area. Two hours of Networking are built into the agenda during the breaks and lunch to enable delegates to meet the speakers, share experience and establish industry contacts.
See the Full Conference Programme
- Accelerating Extraordinary User Experiences on Mobile Devices
- Keynote: Neil Trevett – Khronos President and NVidia Inc.
- GPU Compute: A New Landmark for Energy Efficient Processing in Mobile and Embedded Computing
- Keynote: Roberto Mijat — ARM Limited
- Trends in Heterogeneous Systems Architectures
- Simon McIntosh-Smith – Bristol University
- The Impact of Low-Power GPUs (LPGPU) to Deliver Advances in Real-World Interactive Applications; Compiler Tools; GPU Power Modelling; and Hardware Design
- Paul Keir — Codeplay Software Limited.
- Cool Compute: Strategies for Managing Power vs Performance in Mobile Devices
- Doug Watt — Imagination Technologies Limited
- Renderscript Accelerated Image and Video Processing
- Lihua Zhang — MulticoreWare Inc
- Developing High-Performance Low-Power Solutions using FPGAs and OpenCL
- Craig Davis — Altera Corporation
- Accelerated Computational Photography on Mobile Processors & GPUs
- Mikael Sevenier — High-Performance Imaging Aptina Inc.
- Experiences with Mobile Processors for Energy-Efficient HPC
- Paul Carpenter – Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Paralldroid: A Framework for Parallelism in Android
- Alejandro Acosta — University of La Laguna, Spain
- A System for Analyzing Power Consumption in a Dual Cortex-A15 Platform
- Seongho Son — Samsung Electronics, Core Technology Team
Day Two – Tutorial and Khronos UK Chapter Meeting
Day two provides an extension to the main conference with two sessions available; a tutorial on GPU Verification in the morning and the holding of the inaugural ‘open’ meeting of the recently formed Khronos UK Chapter.
Morning Tutorial, 10:00 – 12:00, 22nd May
- Formal Analysis Techniques for GPU Kernels (click link to see details)
- Nathan Chong, Dept. Computing, Imperial College
- Booking Fee Applies. Limited Availability (30 spaces). Book Early
Afternoon Meeting, 2:00:00 – 4:45, 22nd May
- Khronos UK Chapter Meeting (click link to see details)
- Hosts: Samsung Research UK and Neil Trevett, President Khronos
- Supported by Samsung Research UK and FREE to Attend
- Limited Availability (80 spaces). Registration required.
Competition Prize Sponsor
Khronos UK Chapter Meeting Sponsor